- ■Nihonkai Takaoka Nabe(pot) Festival[Takaoka]
- Enjoy the delicious winter seafood boiled in a giant pot. Middle of January.
- ■Unazuki Onsen Snow Carnival[Kurobe]
- At this carnival you can see fireworks, flaming torches steaming down the slopes, an exhibition of "snow" art, etc. First Saturday of February.
- ■Toga Soba Festival[Nanto]
- Try the freshly made buckwheat (soba) noodles. Middle of February.
- ■Inokuchi Tsubaki(camellia) Festival[Nanto]
- All kinds of potted plants and bonsai are on display. There is also a photo contest. End of March.
- ■Hotaru-ika Sightseeing[Namericawa]
can watch fishermen catch these tiny, glittering squid. Middle of April to beginning
- ■Tonami Tulip Fair[Tonami]
- More than a million tulips are the attraction here, among which various
events are held. From the end of April to the beginning of May.
- ■Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route Opening[Tateyama]
- This route through the mountains opens. Middle of April.
- ■Takaoka Mikurumayama Festival[Takaoka]
festival floats are pulled through the town. May 1.
- ■Yatsuo Hikiyama Festival[Toyama]
festival is famous for its display of beautifully carved floats. May 3.
- ■Hie Jinja Taisai(Sanno Festival)[Toyama]
- The ritualistic "lion's mask" dance and numerous roadside shops are entertaining. June 1 to 2.
- ■Shogawa Kanko Festival[Tonami]
- The fireworks at the riverside are the main attraction. First Saturday and Sunday of June.
- ■Netsuokuri Tanabata Festival[Nanto]
- Hokuriku's largest Tanabata(colorfully decorated bamboo) festival. Middle of July.
- ■Toyama Takigi-Noh[Toyama]
- An exhibition of traditional Noh dance. End of July.
- ■Takaoka Tanabata Festival[Takaoka]
- Thousands of colorfully decorated bamboo trees, known as tanabata, fill the city. August 1 to 7.
- ■Toyama Festival[Toyama]
- Fireworks and various other events are held. Early August.
- ■Jantokoi Uozu Festival[Uozu]
- Long poles with paper lanterns and traditional entertainment. Early August 7 to 9.
- ■Summer Arts Proguram in Toga[Nanto]
- Artists, musicians, and sculptors from around the world display and perform their works. Middle of August.
- ■Etchu-Yatsuo Owara Kaze no Bon[Toyama]
- Crowds dance to the rhythm of Chinese fiddles. September 1 to 3.
- ■Johana Mugiya Festival[Nanto]
songs are sung throughout the town. Mid-September.
- ■Taira Festival, Mugiya Dance, Kokiriko Festival[Nanto]
the representative traditional entertainment of the Gokayama area. September
25 to 26.
- ■Shinminato Hikiyama Festival[Imizu]
- The flowers in the daytime and the lanterns at night on these 13 floats are beautiful. October 1.
- ■Takaoka Manyo Festival[Takaoka]
- Reading of poems from the Manyoshu are among the various events held here. First Friday, Saturday and Sunday of October.
- ■Kiku Festival[Nanto]
- See the chrysanthemums and listen to the brass bands. Early November.
- ■Toyama Snow Piard[Toyama]
- Traditional winter events and a snow sculpture competition are held. Early December to mid-February.
- ■Toshi no Oichi[Nanto]
- The last "morning market" of the year is open all day. December 27.